At King Tide, we believe in deep collaboration to create something not for or by ourselves, but together for the greater good. The best resources we have are each other, and we instill practices that allow us to cross-pollinate ideas and work together toward a common vision.
- We value mentors over managers
- We’re not an agency, we’re part of your team
- We value every opinion at the table
- We collaborate in a productive way:
- We batch our questions, and schedule time for reviews & collaboration
- We respect people’s “zoning hours”.
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
King Tide believes in creating an honest and open work culture. We build trust by communicating clearly and truthfully with our clients and our team, so we can find solutions and achieve excellence together.
We are always be transparent with…
- Our team about the general health and direction of the company
- Our peers about our schedule and needs
- Our clients about our capabilities and timelines
- Ourselves about what we need to succeed
“Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.”
We believe that bringing different perspectives to the table improves the work. We encourage our team to take sufficient time outside of work to explore personal passions and be adventurous, active, and open-minded.
We value your personal freedom and encourage you to:
- Take care of your mind & body
- Spend time with your friends & family
- Explore the world for all of its beauty
- Rest your body and spirit properly
“Real adventure is defined best as a journey from which you may not come back alive, and certainly not as the same person.”
Accountability is at the core of every commitment we make. We believe in setting objectives and answering to ourselves before others. Accountability involves understanding the desired outcome, owning the process of achieving it, and creating a measurable way of tracking your performance.
- Set your own goals and manage your own time and resources
- Reflect on your accomplishments and shortcomings, and learn from your mistakes
- Be honest with yourself and with your peers in order to learn and grow
- Speak up when you don’t have the information you need to succeed
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
We believe in the value of simplicity, and we strive to remove complexity in every aspect of our business. The product of our work should be followed like a map, not deciphered like a code. From client communication to our design and engineering process, we believe less is more.
- Remove complexity by following the process. If there is no defined process, create one.
- Use fewer words, remove fluff, and create a simple experience for your end user.
- If you can’t find the answer, you may be asking the wrong questions.
- Less is more.
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”
In a world that thrives on innovation, new ideas, and constant change, continual learning is essential. When our people learn and grow, we all grow. We see ourselves as students and mentors at the same time.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. Failure is part of the learning process.
- Educate yourself by reading, writing and taking classes in order to level up.
- Experience new cultures, try new foods, and allow others to test your theories.
- Explore the industry, attend events, network, and surround yourself with people smarter than you.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
At the heart of innovation is fearlessly uncovering opportunities that most would miss as they play it safe. We encourage calculated risks and never criticize a team member who tries something bold — even if it fails.
- Ask for forgiveness not permission
- Go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is.
- Don’t hold yourself back, others will pull you back
- Passivity won’t win the day
"Do one thing every day that scares you."
At King Tide, we will believe in the importance of maintaining a positive mindset. We understand that some days the waters will be choppy, but we’ll never let anyone drift too far alone. Be true to yourself, but trust in each other, and it’s possible to approach each day with hopeful determination.
- Take a walk to clear your mind
- Communicate how you feel with your peers
- Live in the moment
"To think in terms of either pessimism or optimism oversimplifies the truth. The problem is to see reality as it is."
King Tide is dedicated to giving back to our community. We enjoy creating experiences that bring people together, and we take great pride in helping those around us that are in need. We are committed to reaching out and serving as a positive influence in our community.
- Build a longer table, not a bigger fence
- We’re not independent, we’re interdependent
- Take the opportunities to give back
- Be generous with your time
"Success is best when it’s shared."
It’s important to make sure the journey toward creating great work has moments of joy and breaks for fun. Laughter, smiles, shared stories are how we embrace the act of living and it will show in the work. With only one life to live, we must do meaningful things, but enjoy ourselves, too.
- Don’t be afraid to let loose, and be yourself
- Don’t take yourself too seriously
- Get to know your team and share stories
- Celebrate the successes
"Having fun with our creativity makes us a better artist and a better person."